Friday, October 3, 2008

Fall Garden

Tomorrow I hope to add to the fall garden. Hopefully carrots, garlic and mixed winter greens. We already have peppers on the jalapeño plant and the Cherokee Purple Tomato is already 8 inches tall. Both made it through Ike without any extra help from me. I also have some sage for fresh herbs to use in my holiday recipes. This winter I will go to the annual Urban Harvest fruit tree sale in January and will hopefully get some trees to provide more bounty to our fridge! I would love to get a satsuma tree, a lemon tree and an apple or pear tree.

I want to share a video. These people have a blog that I love and websites with lots of great gardening info.



It's hard to believe that they have property that is one fifth the size of ours and grow that much food. I am adding to ours slowly. But I am also trying to add things that do not require to be replanted every year. We shall see. Baby steps!

No comments:

Post a Comment