Saturday, January 26, 2008

Our Progress This Week

It's been a great week! Charles finished his second week at his new job at Byrne Metals, Corp. He works in the shop, bending and cutting sheet metal into parts for buildings. We got his first paycheck and he sold the 1999 Toyota Corolla for $500. I also got paid so it was a good day toward our financial goals. When this month is over I will look at how we did sticking to our budget. So far it is looking good.

As for getting organized, we are making a good effort to declutter. If you look at what is gone by weight then I think we are well on our way by getting rid of the car! To keep it we would have had to spend about $700 next month on registration, inspection, tires, windshield and of course insurance. Now there is less stuff covering our very muddy driveway (it rained all last week!).

And today I started my exercise log. I am putting it on a Google calendar and you can see my progress (or lack of) by clicking on the link at the side. I thought about what would be the best way to stick to an exercise routine. Well nothing like public accountability.

I hope everyone is doing well. We are glad to have our first mostly dry and warmer day (60 degrees for the high). Yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment