We had some bumps in the road this week. The first was that my garden is a little sick . It has a fungus. We had to pull out 6 of the 9 squash plants, a few cucumber plants and I should have pulled at least one of the tomato plants out but I am trying to see if it will live. I went to a local garden center that has a lot of organic solutions to your garden woes. I had a branch of my tomato plant in hand and after careful inspection with a magnifying glass the man there declared it was a fungus. So we now have this stuff to spray on it. Guess what it is? It's another fungus! Who would have thought. So far no more plants have died and hopefully the rest of the growth will be healthy. We are still getting a lot of cucumbers and since they don't freeze well we are giving most of them away. We have probably had almost 20 of them now. We have eaten all of the squash that was picked but the plants that are left have stopped producing. Hopefully that will change.
The other bummer this week was that someone siphoned nearly a full tank of gas out of Charles's truck. It happened sometime over Memorial Day weekend and right in our driveway. And he had even installed a driveway light a few weeks ago that comes on by itself at night. Go figure. So now he put some thingamajig in that will prevent a tube from going down in the tank. That will hopefully stop them!
So it is a new week and hopefully things will be better! Hope all is well for everyone else!
A bunch of rain
3 days ago
Oh.....there have been better weeks for you guys! Good luck with your garden woes. I never actually got mine in the ground. I started the seeds in the house and never got the ground ready in time. I guess there is aways next year.
ReplyDeleteI tagged you on my blog. I don't plan to make a habit out of it, but it seemed like a "games that bloggers play" sort of day.
ReplyDelete